Re: Post Tournament feedback

I enjoyed the fast pace of it. It ran well only had a few problems at the very beginning but then that was to be expected and the ZE team fixed it quickly.

I want to congratulate all the super players that entered and made it to the end.

I think I only have one issue that I saw with it and that would be the over powered preds. I talked to a lot of players in this and even had fleeters saying it was op. Perhaps a little tweaking on it. No ship should be that hard to take down.
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!

The fun part was the fast build and all the nice people I met in Generals. I was actually only going to play for a couple of days but the fun and the people got me playing a bit longer than I had in mind. Last week I had to work because of onduty calls so I could not be there at the end but the result ended as I expected. It would be either Revenge or Witchywoman.

Pirates a good alliance but Taking Care of Business was also very good. I stayed out of alliances since I had friends from X and M all over the place :dance:

I loved the Predator it was well powered and had no weak points ;-) But I see that it might be to powerful compared to the rest of the ships in ZE universe.

Regardless! Congratz Witchywoman! Well played.

We will be able to set it up more specifically, in a questionnaire form perhaps, but before this some chit chat will be useful. Here are some base topics for you to comment blended from my own experience (I played the first week only as Vrasid).

-I want feedback on how storage den performed. I tried to get some info but I am unsure how it worked towards the later phases of the game.

-The general speed was okay. Still the mine production was a bit too high.

-The MASSACRE engine is too deadly. This is the base of problems for Predator. Either RIP/predator will need a RF reduce or a slight change to the engine for lesser RF utilization. This will also lead to greater variety of battleships within standard fleets.

-Voyager proved to be a very solid ship and expeditions worked as planned. The reason that only one defense general finished in top10 is probably due to players that chosen the particular strategy and not to gameplay reasons.

-Solar plants were a big problem as their output was too large. Something that will definitely be fixed on a future relaunch. The biggest side affect was that RIPs made their entry too fast.

-Star Raider has not dominated early period as it was intended. Most probably the root of this problem is the speed that everyone was able to afford the bigger ships. If we reduce mine output and fix the solar plant problem, they should perform as intended without any alteration to the ship itself. In a normal universe, they would have been much more important early on.

-The 1 month length was more than enough and full with action. Especially in the first week the amount of active users was overwhelming. It balanced during the second week and it started deteriorating at the 4th week. Our impression is that it was a very interesting universe for most that participated.

-At the end of the universe, there were 2000 registered players. Most of them were new players that registered in Zorg Empire for 1st time and they came through paid advertising. Hopefully some of them will continue on the regular servers.

-Financially it was a disaster as we went into negative. This is the main reason we will not be relaunching right away. Our current plan is to create a regular universe using most of the concepts that have been used in this tournament.

-We will keep Generals Tourament universe as a periodical release where everyone will have the chance to compete. Most probably it will run once a year (no final decisions yet). It will also be a chance for us to try new things before implementing them to a new universe.

-How would you rate the plus! cost ?

-The hall of fame is something that we will implement, as promised. Just not right away as we got other priorities at this moment. Most probably this will be released with the relaunch of Generals universe. Another idea is to create two hall of fame rankings, one for tournament and one for all regular universes (combined points). Again, no final decisions have been taken yet.

-If you are mostly interested for a Generals Universe relaunch, make sure you sign up to the priority list here We will monitor this list and its size will play a major role in deciding the relaunch day. For example, if we get 1000 entries there, then the relaunch will be imminent.

I had fun myself with the game. just was disappointed as I could not play for the last couple days cuz of real life :) and I agree with BonAqua and Witchywoman met some of the best mates from across universe. Helotes, Sharky, Youseef, Josh, jade, and many more cant post too many names. But yes it was fun and I enjoyed it a lot. Happy to meet new faces and I would definitely play the next one as well :)

Love My Team Pirates, you just ask anything they were ready and it was like you message anytime someone will be there for a reply or help loved to be with the most active team so far of my ZE along with my current one at Speed :)