Please make sure you have checked the Players Guide thread first, before asking any questions.

Pulling - What is allowed

Though this topic seems to pop up in many other threads, I could not find a thread of its own. Many seem confused about this. The FAQ even confused me a little bit. I thought this might make it more clear.

This is my understanding of the rules. Istalris, Zorg, or whomever please correct me if I am wrong.

You are allowed to pull one hour of your Empire's production once per 24 hour period to give to a lower ranked player.

However, you must send one hour of production generated from each planet from that planet. So, though you are able to give the equivalent of one hour of your empire's production, they are not supposed to sent in one lump sum.

eg: Planet A hourly Production = 5000 metal, 2500 crystal, 1000 Deut
Planet B hourly Production = 6000 metal, 3000 crystal, 1200 Deut
Planet C hourly Production = 4000 metal, 2000 crystal, 800 Deut

Though your empire produces 15,000 metal, 7,500 crystal and 3000 Deut per hour, you can not send that quantity from Planet A

You need to send :

from Planet A 5000 metal, 2500 crystal, 1000 Deut
from Planet B 6000 metal, 3000 crystal, 1200 Deut
from Planet C 4000 metal, 2000 crystal, 800 Deut

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

Re: Pulling - What is allowed

I beleive that is exactly what the admin was saying, however i don't understand why you shouldn't be able to send it in a bulk.

I think we need more admin input on this and maybe a more defined explanation in the rules section.

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Thanks Ista. When we are all on the same page, you guys can move this into the FAQ or maybe give a clearer explanation in the FAQ and delete this.

BTW, great job on the FAQ Neo and whoever else contributed.

"You are in a position to demand nothing. I however, am in a position to grant nothing."

Khan Noonian Singh

Maybe the reason you can't send it in bulk is because if you have 21 planets in different systems, and you send say 100,000 metal from one planet, then the admin would have to look find all of your planets and make sure they are in line with the rules. (As far as I know, all transports in the game are logged to prove if someone is breaking a rule)

Sadbutrue wrote:the way i understood it was that you are allowed 1 hour production from the one planet you are sending from. not the entire empire. so you cant send 21 transports a day to a lower ranked person. only 1
Exactly, we need a lot more official clarification on this, c'mon Zorg show yourself! :D

-Istalris-
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

I currently have the question in to the admin... once again.. because the first time I had this conversation with them, they said it was "1 hour production of your highest producing planet" not the empire. I talked with them several times on this subject to clarify this. So as I said, I have once again sent off the question to them and awaiting the answer. This time I added in the suggestion that they add it in the rules as clarification to help them from being swamped with this question again.
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!

:!: :!: OK :!: :!: This just hot off email from Admin on the RULE. ADMIN States "1 hour production per planet from each planet" If you have 21 planets you may send 1 hours worth of production per planet to a lower ranking player. It must be sent from the each planet.

I hope this helps the questions :)
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!